I have to say that I like a life that is full. It's just after midday and here's what I have already done today.
- I have read most of chapter two from 'Incarnate' by Michael Frost. I'm enjoying this book so much. He is saying that we need to be real, present for one another, not just writing blogs and commenting on Facebook (ahem!) The point is, we are made to relate and interact bodily and personally, not only through media like written words and pictures. If blogs and Facebook were my entire life I would be unbelievably poorer for it. Conversation with friends, acts of kindness and compassion, sharing food together, laughing - these are real.
- I checked that one of my blogs, Journeys of heart and mind, was running correctly on its new web address following changes I made yesterday. I made some changes to my other websites to improve the way they link to JHM.
- I spent a while on Facebook, scrolling through to see what my friends and family have been posting and replying here and there.
- I updated my diary and made some notes on some things that happened yesterday. My diary is a mix of logging how I spend my time; making notes on what I've done, where I've been and who I've met; and the thoughts I've had about this or that along the way.
- I read a chapter from the Bible (2 Samuel 2) and thought about it.
- I walked to a nearby cafe, Ambiance, to met my friend John. He didn't make it today so I drank a coffee alone, wondering what the other customers were doing and thinking. Ambiance is something of a social hub where people meet and talk animatedly with friends and family.
- A couple of other friends, Ash and Chris, dropped in and we talked briefly.
- Back home, I chatted with yet another friend, Dagmar.
That's a lot to pack into one morning. This afternoon I need to do some ironing, washing up and tidying around the house. I might get a little done in the garden too. Donna will be home from work later and I plan to meet with Jim and Kevin this evening at Kevin's home.
So it will be another full day - but for once I did manage to post an item to 'The Daily Toast'!